Saturday, February 17, 2007

Sledding


Sledding, originally uploaded by chlorinebeach.

It was quite warm + lovely today, so I went walking about in the afternoon, taking pictures of where people had been sledding on Tuesday night. The hillsides were littered with fragments of cafeteria trays, sticking out like snaggley teeth. I broke one myself going down the side of mountainview when i hit a rock and flipped off my tray. It creates some lovely imagery, and I took all sorts of shots in all sorts of places to try + capture it.

This particular photo was my favorite, however. It was one of those things where I took the shot, and as soon as I took it I knew this was going to be the best one. I could go on + on about it, but we'll leave it at the fact that I didn't mess with the colours at all.

There is a sort of a myth at my school that the dining halls here charge us an extra $50 a semester for stolen food, and I'm thinking that maybe this is sort of where it is justified- I saw literally hundreds of trays lying about on my walk today.


Today's music: You Really Got Me- The Kinks

No comments: