Thursday, December 25, 2008
Figured out how to feed myself for extended periods of time. Been militant about bus taking.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I think I pretty much did keep my resolutions, except I fell off the wagon with that 'yeah, I'm going to have time to make crap' thing. Oops.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Does, like, five minutes in Canada count? Probably not. This will change next year, however.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Ooh. I don't know. I'm good in terms of material possessions. Maybe more of an ability to stand up to jerks?
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
First(ish) date with Milton, Opening Night of Urinetown, uh...
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I don't know. Not failing any of Don's classes sounds like a good one. Oh, and my Body Mouths sculpture. I'm pretty proud of that.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not doing any acting I'm particularly proud of.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Um... I made some pretty good Goodwill steals. Actually, I like all of the clothing I bought this year, because I'm becoming more selective about what I wear. So that's good.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Anne Brady (best director/teacher, such a real person)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Most of the Theatre students who live in University Plaza, for various reasons I won't bother going into.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Uh... you know. Some stuff here, some there. Oh, and a lot of theatre in the summer.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Blogs, Theatre, Adventures, Birthdays, Parties, Movies. Mostly adventures.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Er. 'I Kissed a Girl'? It will always remind me of this summer at work, anyway...
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder?
Much happier. Not that I was sad all of the time last year, I'm just really happy this year.
b) thinner or fatter?
About the same.
c) richer or poorer?
About the same... maybe a little richer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Made new friends, as opposed to hanging onto lame old ones.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Let other people waste my time.
20. How did you/will you spend Christmas?
Same as always- presents under the tree in the morning, then down to NJ.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
the presidential election results on FOX.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
Of course I can only think of the ones I just read, but 'Oryx + Crake' was pretty good.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Just one? Can we go with re-discovery and say Musical Theatre?
26. What did you want and get?
A new jacket!
27. What did you want and not get?
A part in a play
(b) [I'm adding] What did you not want and get?
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
(I'm Adding) What was your least favorite film of this year?
Iron Man! Oh, and the Indiana Jones movie was pretty awful too.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
On my actual birthday, I went to New York with my Mom and saw a lame exhibit at the met and then "the 49 Steps" which was screamingly funny, + then went home for dinner + cake. For my party, I went to the beach with some very well loved friends and then swam in Mary's pool.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having a rockin' housing situation for next year.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
32. What kept you sane?
A calm boyfriend, blogs, Twitter. My dad.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
idk... Martin McDonagh?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
Danielle! I had nobody to text absurdities at 4 AM to anymore.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Does Milton count if I didn't really remember him from 2007? No? Then let's go with my 208 students. They were pretty cool, after I got over myself.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Calm the fuck down, bitch!
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
My lip gloss is cool, my lip gloss is poppin'.
Posted by Beth at 8:09 PM