Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Tik Tok (What I Hear Wednesday)

Tick, Tock- Kemoneyha

I arise in the morning feeling not dissimilar to Sean Combs
Put on my spectacles, and leave my abode, I will conduct a thorough tour of my home metropolis.
Prior to my exit I break a bottle across my face,
Because when I lock the door behind myself today, my house is closed forever.

I mean I am going to varnish my toenails, toenails
Take all of my clothes out of the closet and put them on.
Young Gentlemen are calling me with great frequency and vigor,
I am Driving about in a cabriolet and winding up the Victrola,
Pulling up to the parties, and trying to become mildly intoxicated.

Never cease! Crescendo the orchestra!
Conductor, up the tempo!
Tonight I shall brawl
Until the sun wakens from her rest
(Tick Tock, the Grandfather clock in the hall)
But the ball shall never cease, nay.
___

Big props to my summer coworkers Golf Shop Bitch and David Foster Wallace for their assistance on this one. I introduced the concept of Grammar Pop to them one boring August day, and we spent the rest of the day tearing this one apart.

No comments: