Saturday, July 18, 2009

Who doesn't hate their job?

My creation

-Beth Notebook/Bath: journaling in some pink princess bubble bath on Monday night. I was going to do that last Sunday, but I went + had a rager with M.ton instead. [One of my resolutions this summer was to be as drunk as possible. "Never pass up an opportunity?" "More or less." It's been a lot of fun, but it also means I got to experience my first 1.5 day hangover.]

-Thirstea/Ginat Robot: Having fun in NY, I got some bubble tea (which I LOVE) around the corner from Obscura Antiques (Which Gala Darling reccomneded, and was actually kind of lame- like Cold Spring all compressed into one store, + somehow even more expensive), + then went to Giant Robot, which was SO COOL. I really want to go to their new gallery show as soon as I can, and also lust after everything in there simultaneously. I need more shelves to put my books on as it is, though (who doesn't have books stacked around their room?).

-Giant Hat/Conrad: Also while in NYC, I bought a GIANT HAT. It is so huge + happy-making. I must go to a polo game in it, or something. I have plans to make different hat-pins that I can put on it + match to various outfits. I think the first one will have to be hot pink. I stayed at Danielle's house and took pictures of her friends (conrad), + listened to Tom talk until 2 AM [He's one of those people who thinks that only stupid people are happy. He has many, many problems. I don't know him well enough to care about them.].

-Tower: And in the morning, after a nice sleep-in, it was subway->train->M.ton. We ate some delicious, bizarrely filling burgers and hung out at his house for a few hours, but I had to leave early to meet my mom... and hang out for the rest of the week.

I'm liking these three-day work-weeks, but not how tired they make me. The good news is, though, that I've met my savings goal for the summer, so now all of the rest of the money I save can go to off-setting the cost of my new computer (!!!), + saving for

THE FUTURE.

Whatever that is. People seem to be very interested in mine, though (it's all they can ever talk about when they make polite conversation with me), so maybe I should start selling shares in it.

No comments: