Saturday, August 9, 2008

I never gave a damn about the weather, + the weather never gave a damn about me


Golf day
Originally uploaded by chlorinebeach.
I work in a country club where the people sit out in the open air under a pavilion to eat. It's really quite scenic + lovely, actually- the pavilion overlooks the 18th hole, + you can see other portions of the course from it. My clientele actually isn't as snippy as you would think country club people would be, and overall it's a pretty nice setup. But you know what I can't stand? Talking about the weather. I can't tell you how many times that's the first thing that comes out of people's mouths when they sit down, + then I get suckered into the same conversation I've already had seven times that day. I don't care. I've never cared. If you have to make commentary on the weather to be able to talk to the person you're with, maybe it's time to move on.

That being said? I LOVE the weather this morning! It's cool, like a late September morning, before frost. I love the colder weather- the opportunities for layering clothing + wearing cozy sweaters becomes endless. Plus, all the good September food is available (apples, squash, late corn), and who doesn't love a cup of spiced hot cider?

Granted, this atmosphere will not last very long, but for now I can enjoy cuddling up in my bed under a stack of blankets, with my dog + my laptop.

Good Morning. ♥

No comments: