Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Style Meme


In the Car
Originally uploaded by chlorinebeach.
Job?
Waitress/Hostess/Student

Best Sartorial advice from your parents?
It is always better to be over dressed than under dressed.

Style icons?
Friends: Sara Pauker, Megan-Sara Karre, Dallas DeFee, Jess Condyles
Public Figures: Gala Darling, Bjork, Zoetica Ebb, Tilda Swinton

Describe your personal style
Pants: Destroyed Jeans or shorts over tights
Skirts: Long and flowing. Homemade.
Dresses: White
Shirts: Oxford, wifebeaters, corsets, American Apparel, backless, homemade, NEVER t-shirts
Winterwear: Sweaters (preferably handknit), knit beanies, a pile of handknit scarves or beanies.
Footgear: Sandals, High Heels, Boots, NEVER sneakers.
Headgear: Turbans, scaves, sunhats.
Jewelry: at least five rings on each hand. Big earrings. Maybe a beaded bracelet.
Underpants: Anything cheap from H + M

I build my daily look around?
Depends- not too much white if I'm going to be in the studio. Usually I plan a bunch of outfits a week in advance, + put those on when the whim takes me. The color of the sky helps a lot.

Personal Style quirk?
A fistful of rings

Most cherished item?
Baby blanket quilted for me by my Tanta Gale when I was 5.

I feel best wearing?
pink lip gloss + my rockstar sunglasses.

The first thing I look at in another Sartorialist?s outfit ...
Style- do they absolutely love what they are wearing? Does it make them feel great? Did they decide to put those things together, or buy them straight off the store model?

I always break this fashion rule.
Tall women shouldn't wear heels

Never caught wearing?
Any of these: Sneakers, sweatshirt/pants, baseball cap, t-shirt.

Most underrated item in menswear/womenswear?
Bright color near the face.

Dress to impress who?
Myself, and whoever I decide I have a crush on that day.

Shine your own shoes?
Don't need to.

Shoetrees?
What?

Favorite stores?
Anthropologie, Goodwill, American Apparel, Brooks Brothers, Etsy,

Your next "must have" purchase?
Green Sunglasses

I skimp when buying ...
Drawing Paper

Favorite item of clothing
Recently, my painting smock I fished out of the scrap bin in the costume shop.

Guilty pleasure
Leggings

Cologne, skincare?
Cologne:
So In Love by Victoria's Secret... looking to change that one soon.

Skincare:
Uhh... whatever seems to be working at the moment. Clearasil facewash, Burt's Bees exfoliant, Dermatologist stuff, and Dove face lotion.

Most stylish city?
NYC, natch.

When I was in high school I wore?
Oooh... I went straight from off-the-shelf goth to Thrift store hippie

Sports?
Watching? Baseball, Polo. Playing? I'll swim.

Favorite fashion magazine?
French vogue

Favorite vacation spot?
Bermuda, Rome

Favorite neighborhood restaurant?
Binghamton: The Lost Dog, Tilly's, Moghul
Mahopac: Kira Sushi, Jaipore,
Manhattan: Afghan Kebab House

1 comment:

queengilda said...

i think the same thing! better to be overdressed! :)