Friday, August 26, 2011

Come on, Irene

flying lanterns

Hurricane Checklist:

♥ One (1) Cute Little cuddle-mungus Doggie

♥ Two (2) books in the game of thrones series

♥ Some (3) trashy crap books... No, I'm totally not already halfway through the second Twilight book, why would you ask that?

♥ All art supplies, ever

♥ Candles

♥ Leftover Pizza, canned goods, snacks, chocolate

♥ a charged cellphone & laptop

♥ A crate of liquor

***

I really don't think this is going to be the storm of the century in Putnam County- I certainly haven't bought four gallons of water.  I'm actually a little disappointed to be missing out on all the amusing insanity which is sure to be NYC this weekend, but I'm sure it's all for the best. Somebody else will take better photos of it than I could.

This is not to say that I'm making light of a dangerous situation- please, please follow any safety instructions given to you by your local disaster center, and be safe as you can be. But seriously folks, calm down a little. Use your heads.

No comments: